Call(s) to Action: QUNR, VIMC, SOPW
Closed out positions:
QUNR ($29.70) – Covered our short position, locking in gains. In our 9/9/2014 call to action we stated we were shorting QUNR based on CTRP removing their products from QUNR’s site. The stock fell from $31.63 to as low as $29.01 during yesterday’s trading session. See below for related news on this topic under our ChinaHybrid News not released in U.S.
VIMC ($8.28) – Sold our long positions locking in gains. In our 9/9/2014 call to action we stated we were buying VIMC based on the letter of intent with LangChao, an IT service provider in China. We will revisit on pullback. Without any on the ground due diligence, we feel locking in profits after recent 60% run is prudent.
SOPW ($1.13)- Covered our short position from yesterday, near break even. Yesterday we stated we were watching as possible pump and dump. After further due diligence we are taking a closer look at the company’s liquidity needs which we believe could either possibly propel or derail the stock depending on how the situation is handled. We need to get a better read on the situation; we feel it is necessary to conduct further due diligence before we re-establish a short or long position.
Here are the other stories that the GeoTeam is following today… (Please see full disclosures at bottom)
- ChinaHybrid News not released in U.S
- CTRP ($62.05) & QUNR ($29.70) – According to Chinanews.com, 16 five-star hotels in the city of Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, removed themselves from the hotel product list of CTRP, and they will only be listed on QUNR afterwards. Briefly speaking, certain hotels participated in a promotion program that QUNR engaged and this program is welcome by the customers in Ningbo. Afterwards CTRP delisted 4 hotels which participated in this program. This activity caused 16 five-star hotels together decided to delist themselves from the product list of CTRP. We don’t think the delisting of 16 hotels will be material to CTRP, but it’s a sign that it is facing more severe competition from QUNR, and it is possible there will be more headwinds in the future.
- CHDX ($23.90) – Announced that the Company’s stockholders adopted the previously announced merger agreement at $24.00 per share.
- GeoBargains/GeoBargains on the Radar
- GeoBargain on the radar IG ($7.82) – Craig-Hallum raised price target to $10.00 due to recent 6-8X price increases in Econazol Nitrate Cream 1%.
For more timely information, particularly during the daily trading session, we urge our members to read our message board posts daily.