Rda Microelectronics (NASDAQ:RDA) is a China-based fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops, and markets radio-frequency and mixed-signal semiconductors for a broad range of cellular, broadcast, and connectivity applications. Reasons that we are tracking the company:
- RDA became public through an IPO.
- With the recent resurgence in the performance of many ChinaHybrid stocks, accompanied by an improving Chinese economy, we are on the lookout for attractively priced opportunities that could experience an expansion in their valuation multiples.
- The company is trading at a trailing non-GAAP P/E of 9.4 and a P/E of 8.5 on 2014 EPS estimates.
- Annual non-GAAP EPS grew steadily from $0.71 in 2010 to $1.34 in 2012. While EPS growth is expected to be flat in 2013, analysts expect RDA’s EPS growth to resume in 2014.
- Management just initiated a dividend program.
- The biggest near term catalyst that could push shares higher may be positive fallout from the imminent IPO of Montage Technology (OTCCB:MONT) which operates in the same industry as RDA (depending on the IPO valuation).
- We don’t love the company’s industry, which carries low margins where changes in business outlook can occur quickly. Thus, at this point we are treating RDA as a short term opportunity and hope to ride the coattails of the upcoming IPO and enthusiasm over the company’s dividend policy.
Disclosure: Looking to establish positions in RDA.
You agree that you shall not republish or redistribute in any medium any information on the GeoInvesting website without our express written authorization. You acknowledge that GeoInvesting is not registered as an exchange, broker-dealer or investment advisor under any federal or state securities laws, and that GeoInvesting has not provided you with any individualized investment advice or information. Nothing in the website should be construed to be an offer or sale of any security. You should consult your financial advisor before making any investment decision or engaging in any securities transaction as investing in any securities mentioned in the website may or may not be suitable to you or for your particular circumstances. GeoInvesting, its affiliates, and the third party information providers providing content to the website may hold short positions, long positions or options in securities mentioned in the website and related documents and otherwise may effect purchase or sale transactions in such securities.
GeoInvesting, its affiliates, and the information providers make no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any of the information contained in the website. All such materials are provided to you on an ‘as is’ basis, without any warranties as to merchantability or fitness neither for a particular purpose or use nor with respect to the results which may be obtained from the use of such materials. GeoInvesting, its affiliates, and the information providers shall have no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions nor shall they be liable for any damages, whether direct or indirect, special or consequential even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall the liability of GeoInvesting, any of its affiliates, or the information providers pursuant to any cause of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise exceed the fee paid by you for access to such materials in the month in which such cause of action is alleged to have arisen. Furthermore, GeoInvesting shall have no responsibility or liability for delays or failures due to circumstances beyond its control.