- Recently disclosed court documents show that Sinovac Biotech’s (NASDAQ: SVA) CEO bribed a member of the Chinese Food and Drug Administration to assist its vaccine clinical trial and approval
- Bribery is a clear violation of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) regulations and is prohibited for SEC registered companies like SVA; it could lead to criminal prosecution and fines
- We believe that non-disclosure of these actions taken by SVA’s CEO is a clear violation of both SEC and NASDAQ regulations
- We believe this revelation jeopardizes the company’s two outstanding non-binding go private offers and could also impact future CFDA approvals and the company’s cash flow
- We believe U.S. regulators and Chinese FDA officials will investigate these allegations, as well as potential implications for all of SVA’s past and future vaccines
Sinovac Biotech’s CEO Bribed a Chinese Food and Drug Administration Official
According to an article from Chinese media source The Paper, in late April 2015, Yin Hongzhang, Deputy Director General of the Center for Drug Evaluation under the CFDA, was apprehended by government authorities as part of an investigation. In June of 2015, Yin Hongzhang was subsequently removed from his position at the CFDA per an announcement made by the CFDA. The details of his removal had not become available in China until just recently. It is these details, combined with the research we have performed over the last few days, that lead us to believe that investors will start to question whether SVA’s buyout offers are in jeopardy.
Log in to read rest of article
Don’t have an account? Create one for free.
You agree that you shall not republish or redistribute in any medium any information contained in this report without our express written authorization. You acknowledge that GeoInvesting is not registered as an exchange, broker-dealer or investment advisor under any federal or state securities laws, and that GeoInvesting has not provided you with any individualized investment advice or information. Nothing in this report should be construed to be an offer or sale of any security. You should consult your financial advisor before making any investment decision or engaging in any securities transaction as investing in any securities mentioned in the report may or may not be suitable to you or for your particular circumstances. Unless otherwise noted and/or explicitly disclosed, GeoInvesting, its affiliates, and the third party information providers providing content to the report may hold short positions, long positions or options in securities mentioned in the report and related documents and otherwise may effect purchase or sale transactions in such securities.
GeoInvesting, its affiliates, and the information providers make no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any of the information contained in the report. All such materials are provided to you on an ‘as is’ basis, without any warranties as to merchantability or fitness neither for a particular purpose or use nor with respect to the results which may be obtained from the use of such materials. GeoInvesting, its affiliates, and the information providers shall have no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions nor shall they be liable for any damages, whether direct or indirect, special or consequential even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Our research and reports express our opinions, which we have based upon generally available information, field research, inferences and deductions through our due diligence and analytical process. To the best of our ability and belief, all information contained herein is accurate and reliable, and has been obtained from public sources we believe to be accurate and reliable, and who are not insiders or connected persons of the stock covered herein or who may otherwise owe any fiduciary duty or duty of confidentiality to the issuer. However, such information is presented “as is,” without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.
See Full Disclaimer Here.
Leave A Comment