Welcome to The GeoWire , your Source for a Peek into GeoInvesting’s Research Coverage, Microcap Stock Education, Case Studies, Recommended Reading From Around the Web, Important Tweets of the Week, Premium Weekly Wrap Ups, Featured Videos, and More. Please hit the heart button if you like today’s newsletter and reply with any feedback.
If you are new or this was shared with you, you can join our email list here. Or you can click here to get all of our premium content.
On December 3, 2022, GeoInvesting and MS Microcaps hosted an inaugural C-Suite Executive Summit with Konatel Inc (OOTC:KTEL). a voice/data communications holding company. It provides government subsidized services to low income households through its Infiniti Mobile division and cloud communication services through its Apeiron division.
We introduced a panel of 5 of the company’s top decision makers. They went into detail about their roles, historical achievements and current initiatives at KonaTel. The event supplement that was distributed to attendees can be found here.
The Summit format is transformational as it is designed to give 1 microcap company and its top executives the spotlight for a day. It is by invite only, the company is vetted by us and, unlike other conferences, is not charged a special fee to present to a group of interested investors.
The panel discussion that was attended by a group of our premium members can be found here.
About the Event Format and Why You Should be Interested in the Next One
Over the last 15 years, we have shown that it is important to speak with company executives to ask some critical questions that enable us and our premium members to really get to know the individuals contributing to the company’s success. It’s not often that the everyday investor has direct access to management.
Our live virtual Fireside Chats and Management Briefings have been vehicles for our members to be able to do just that for several years, through which we’ve shown by example how to moderate and engage in informed discussions.
However, we wanted to take it one step further with the C-Suite Executive Summit. Not only did part of our premium network attend a live event, but it also gave them a chance to shake hands with executives of a company that we initially introduced to our community through deep dive research and for all of us to meet important executives we had yet to chat with, who actually worked together at previous business ventures.
It also gave executives an opportunity to address tough questions, but in a more intimate and casual setting over the course of a day that was highlighted by a morning meet-n-greet, breakfast, a panel discussion and topped off with an18-hole round of golf where you get to know more about the executive in your foursome, on a personal and professional level.
We used the morning fireside chat panel discussion to help attendees get an idea of what the company does so they could pepper management with questions throughout the day. Below were the executives that were present:
D. Sean McEwen, Chairman/CEO KonaTel
- Founded KonaTel 2014 with 37 years general business and software development experience.
- International consulting from 2010 to 2013 with various telecommunication carriers in the USA, Peru, Croatia, Serbia and China.
- Co-founded TriTech Software Systems, CEO 1983 – 2000, developed modern day 9-1-1 system, successful exit 2006 to Westview Capital Partners.
Chuck Griffin, President/COO KonaTel
- Co-Founder and CEO of Impact Telecom / Lingo, grew to $300 million annual revenue, successful exit in 2020 to B. Riley Investments.
- M&A – 14 telecommunication acquisitions including Excel, Matrix, AmericaTel, Startec, Vancouver Telecom, Touch 1, TNCI and PacWest.
- Leadership positions in multiple telecommunications companies including ICG, Idigi Wireless, @Link Networks and iPath Communications.
Josh Ploude, CEO Apeiron Systems
- Founded Apeiron in 2014 with 18 years telecommunications network and software development experience.
- CTO for TNCI, national CLEC and IP Service provider (~$100M annual) and PCS1/DataVo regional CLEC & IP Network provider.
- Founded Ethos Communications in 2006, successful exit, next-gen network, OSS/BSS, software & business dev for CLECs, ISPs, and ITSPs.
Jason Welch, President Infiniti Mobile
- 30+ years of telecommunications industry experience holding various VP/EVP/EVP positions at carriers including MagicJack, Frontier Communications, Global Crossing, Telco Group, KDDI Global, XO Communications, and Impact Telecom / Lingo.
- Prior to assuming Presidency of Infiniti Mobile, COO of 46 Labs.
Todd Murcer, EVP Finance & Secretary KonaTel
- Former EVP Finance, FP&A and Treasury at Impact Telecom / Lingo.
- 20+ years of telecommunications finance experience at various carriers including Matrix Telecom ($10 to $400 million annual revenue).
- Managed finance team at Impact Telecom / Lingo through 14 successful telecommunications & Software as a Service (SaaS) acquisitions.
Have a great trading week!
Hi, part of this post is for paying subscribers
Already a paying member? Log in and come back to this page.
Our premium members also…
Get Access all Model Portfolios
Receive GeoInvesting Premium Alerts
Access to all stock pitches and Research Reports
Attend live interviews and fireside chats
Interact with the GeoTeam in Monthly Forums
Get in-depth stock research on 1000’s of microcap stocks
Thanks for joining thousands of other investors who follow GeoInvesting
Your free subscription includes first access to:
- Monthly publication of “The GeoWire” Newsletter sent to you the first Tuesday of every month, covering case studies, stats and fireside chats.
- Weekly emails highlighting the past week’s coverage at GeoInvesting sent 3x a month.
Get more out of GeoInvesting by trying us our premium package for free.
Step 1 – Receive quality research investment Ideas, model portfolios and education
Step 2 – Interact with us about our favorite ideas and the research that supports it; gain insight through all tools geo offers
Step 3 – Decide to build portfolios based on our research and Model Portfolios and updates including convictions, additions and removals of holdings.