We sat down with Peter, who runs Heng Ren Investments, a concentrated special opportunities fund focused solely on microcap Chinese stocks listed in the US. Peter’s specialty is in the activist investor approach. His strategy aims to unlock the true value of the companies, many of which are viewed as outcasts of the stock market.
Peter talks about how this came to be (unsurprisingly, we played a significant role in this) and why this created opportunities for diligent investors who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves. He also shares an interesting case study of a currently halted stock that might easily jump over 100% once released. At the end of our chat, he shares a long idea which is well worth following.
- We speak with Peter Halesworth of Heng Ren Investments about the history of fraud in US listed China-based stocks.
- Peter Talks about a halted US listed Chinese stock that he wrote a book on called, ‘Conquering COVID – Sinovac: An Unlikely Hero’. He believes there is immense value to be unlocked if it were to be unhalted.
- How/Why become a long investor in select US listed China stocks now, especially given the sordid history of misrepresentation and malfeasance across the space’s spectrum?
- Peter pitches another US listed China stock he believes has more room to run. (34:37)
- Maj and Jan pitch yet another US listed China stock (34:35)
- Can we keep using the method of matching Chinese SAIC filings with US SEC filings to vet US listed China-based companies?