SkyTides, whose work GeoInvesting reads regularly, wrote a bearish report on ConforMIS (CFMS) today. Here are 5 key takeaways from the report:
- Two (2) CFMS product defects identified by orthopedic expert, member of 35+ market leader implant design teams, calls CFMS knee implant “something you would have seen in the 1960s”
- Under oath, CFMS affiliated surgeon says CFMS product “an unreasonably dangerous knee implant”
- FDA data: CFMS patients 32 times more likely to have an adverse event compared to market leader
- Surgeon survey reveals little love for CFMS key product, suggests product seen as a marketing gimmick
- 5 recalls in 7 years, further evidence that perception of CFMS superior technology is a myth
SkyTides generally focuses on investing opportunities we describe as over-hyped or fraudulent stocks. Please stay tuned as we continue to weigh in on the story.