1. A word about Mock Portfolios
- Everything is shaken up
- Getting lots of questions on Mock Portfolios – I’m seeing opportunities everywhere; Going to be hard to go wrong, IMHO
2. Buy On Pullback Update
Per Weekly Email (GeoInvesting Weekly Premium Email and Call To Action Updates (May 11 – May 15)
After a long hiatus construct our eighth Buy on Pullback Model Portfolio, which only includes stocks already in our coverage universe:
- Clearpoint Neuro Inc. (NASDAQ:CLPT) – MRI imaging medical device
- Meritage Hospitality Group Inc (OOTC:MHGU) – Wendy’s Restaurants
- Eastern Company (the) (NASDAQ:EML) – 10K – Website Commentary:
“These businesses design, manufacture and market a diverse product line of custom and standard vehicular and industrial hardware, including turnkey returnable packaging solutions; passenger restraint and vehicular locks, latches, hinges; mirrors, mirror-cameras; light-weight sleeper boxes; and truck bodies.
The Security Products segment consists of Illinois Lock Company/CCL Security Products, World Lock Company Ltd., Dongguan Reeworld Security Products Ltd., and World Security Industries Ltd.; Greenwald Industries (“Greenwald”); and Argo EMS (formerly Argo Transdata). Illinois Lock Company/CCL Security Products, known in the market as ILC, is a global leader in the design and manufacture of engineered security and access solutions in the form of mechanical, electronic and wireless products. ILC focuses on the industrial, vehicle accessory, outdoor recreational equipment, medical, and point of sale and vending segments. These products and solutions are specified and sold to OEM’s contract equipment manufacturers, and industrial distributors globally. ILC employs an 80/20 business philosophy to drive focus and efficiency in its end-markets, customers, products and manufacturing processes. Greenwald designs, manufactures and markets payment systems and coin security products used primarily in the commercial laundry market. Greenwald’s products include timers, drop meters, coin chutes, money boxes, meter cases, mobile payment apps, smart cards, value transfer stations, smart card readers, card management software, and access control units. Argo EMS supplies printed circuit boards and other electronic assemblies to OEMs in various industries, including measurement systems, semiconductor equipment manufacturing, and industrial controls, medical and military products. The Security Products segment continuously evaluates markets, technology and customer requests to develop growth strategies for the future.”
The Frazer & Jones Company designs and manufactures high quality ductile and malleable iron castings
- Energy Focus, Inc. (NASDAQ:EFOI) – LED Lighting technology solutions
- Stereotaxis, Inc. (OOTC:STXS) – Robotic medical device platform for heart surgery.
- Fool Me Once (George Bush)
- Intouch Insight Ltd (OOTC:INXSF) – Customer experience management
- Origin Agritech Limited (NASDAQ:SEED) – GMO technology in China
- Link to research new research update
- Intrusion Inc (OOTC:INTZ) – Cyber security
SPACS are going crazy (Special Acquisition Corps)
- COVID 19 slowed down IPO market
- Most blow up over the long-term
- Our hit rate is not tremendous – BRQS, AESE
- However, returns can be huge in the few that work – TME, CCME, KERN
- I keep saying that I will never invest in one again, but I’m a sucker for them. Can you blame me? It’s in my DNA, but may not be in yours.
We are currently in discussions regarding various business combination opportunities and have signed a letter of intent to acquire a high-growth, plant-based food company with a broad portfolio of innovative products that are aligned with major food trends and sold through leading retailers and distributors across the United States (the “Target”). The Target’s disruptive strategy is focused on addressing the growing consumer demand for nutritious, great tasting, better-for-you products with plant-based food. The Target’s alignment with today’s secular food trends, combined with its robust, plant-based offerings that feature unique ingredients, innovative recipes and creative branding, has allowed it to establish a meaningful market presence in a short period of time. We believe that the Target has a compelling financial profile, with significant historical and projected revenue growth and profitability. Our management expects that the anticipated valuation at the consummation of the business combination transaction will represent a meaningful discount to relevant public comparable multiples. Completion of the transaction is subject to, among other things, the negotiation and execution of a definitive agreement providing for the transaction, satisfaction of the closing conditions included therein and approval of the transaction by our shareholders. Accordingly, there can be no assurance that a definitive agreement will be entered into or that the proposed transaction will be consummated. While we currently anticipate entering into a definitive agreement for a business combination with the Target, our board of directors (the “Board”) believes that there will not be sufficient time before June 10, 2020 to complete a business combination.