A Monthly Review of GeoInvesting’s Most Notable Activity
Our Calls to Action
Money-making Moves that the GeoTeam Conveys to its Premium Members
- April 30, 2015 — Orbotech Ltd. (NASDAQ:ORBK) – we stated the muted reaction to strong Q1 2015 earnings was a buying opportunity. We’re watching cautiously, as the company may not have visibility several quarters out.
- April 23, 2015 — Tuniu Corporation (NASDAQ:TOUR) – our call that the selloff was overdone could have led to a quick profitable trade. TOUR opened as low as $14.00 before recovering to the $17.00 range.
- April 20th, 2015 — Hooker Furniture Corporation (NASDAQ:HOFT) – we disclosed we locked in gains as the stock reached our price target of $24.00. Shares were $16.60 when we made our initial long call on December 19, 2014.
- April 13th 2015 — Great Basin Scientific Inc. (NASDAQ:GBSN) – we reiterated why we think GBSN is a promotional pump that’s due to fall.
- March 11, 2015 — NN Inc. (NASDAQ:NNBR) – we stated we were buying the dip as the selloff of 30% was overdone. We bought shares at $19.90 and disclosed we sold on April 1st at $25.
Information Arbitrage News
News Before the “Rest of the World” Finds Out
- We traded in and out of AirMedia Group Inc (NASDAQ:AMCN) on China news arbitrage and an investment that was made into the company which looks to value the equity at $8.
- On March 13, 2015 we added to our EVANS SUTHERLAND (OOTC:ESCC) position at ~$0.40 based on imminent resolution of its pension liability only discussed in its Q3 2014 filing. The settlement liability was announced on April 24, 2015. The stock traded as high as $0.95, 100% higher than the price at the time of March 13, 2015 call. We immediately alerted our premium members of the 8-K, who would have been able to move into the trade prior to the stock’s full move higher.
Top Performing Picks – April 2015
Picks that GeoInvesting is Particularly Proud Of
- Lentuo International Inc.(NYSE:LASLY) (formerly LAS). On May 28, 2014, when LAS was trading at $2.70, GeoInvesting published an article alerting readers to related party’s undisclosed 250 million RMB debt. Subsequently, on March 10, 2015, we sent an instant alert to premium subscribers that according to Beijing Business Today, LAS stores were partially shutdown. LAS was halted by NYSE on 4/2/15 and the ADRs now trade on the OTC as LASLY, around $.14.
- On March 26, 2015 we stated we were buying the dip in SuperCom Ltd. (NASDAQ:SPCB) as shares sold off on Q4 2014 results. Shares fell to a low of $7.00. We noted the conference call offered an arbitrage opportunity as the CEO made bullish comments on new orders and a share buyback program. The share price has since rebounded and is now trading in the mid $12.00 range, representing a +70% return in 5 weeks.
Additions & Subtractions of GeoInvesting’s Best Picks
- April 15, 2015- NV5 Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:NVEE) – NVEE has returned 82% since we coded it as a GeoBargain and began building a position at $11.69 on 2/2/2015. We are holding our long position.
- April 14, 2015 — Issuer Direct Corporation (AMEX:ISDR) – we removed ISDR from the GeoBargain list due to the lack of visibility for the company’s 2015 growth outlook. ISDR had a peak return of 195% during its tenure as a GeoBargain.
- March 12, 2015 update — Manitex International Inc. (NASDAQ:MNTX) – GeoBargain MNTX fell sharply on Euro currency concerns. While risk and volatility remain, we believe the stock will still outperform as the year progresses. However, there might be risk if Q1 2015 operating results disappoint. We would see any dips as a buying opportunity.
- February 12, 2015 — BIOQUAL INC (OOTC:BIOQ) — coded as a GeoBargain, based on strong Q2 2015 earnings, an acquisition and valuation. Note BIOQ is fairly illiquid.
Click Here to Download Copy of GeoInvesting’s April 2015 Newsletter
Have the next big idea? Become a contributor and get FREE access to GeoInvesting Premium Content.
Let GeoInvesting help you find alpha through our vast distribution network, including Bloomberg and Reuters.