This morning, we released our latest report to premium members, detailing why we believe shares of Elizabeth Arden (RDEN) could have 52% downside from today’s levels near $10. In our full report, we touch on the following red flags about the embattled cosmetics and fragrance company:
- RDEN’s dependence on celebrity fragrances comes at a terrible time, when the over-saturated fragrance industry is shifting to designer brands and quality over celebrity names.
- We believe that many of the licenses that RDEN owns for fragrances are for celebrities and designers whose peak fame is years behind them.
- Removing the value of questionable intangible assets on the company’s balance sheet reveals it may be much closer to an insolvency scenario than the numbers make it look.
- Recent filings and an S&P downgrade of the company’s debt could be forecasting more tumultuous results when RDEN reports in mid-August.
- Based on the average of numerous valuation scenarios, we believe RDEN shares could have 52% downside, alongside risk of a bankruptcy/insolvency scenario.
- The company claims in its 10-Q that its intangible assets are “fully impaired” despite stating in the 10-Q that “net sales of Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj fragrances fell significantly below expectations” and that there is an “expectation for a continued decline of sales in future periods.”
For the official GeoInvesting write-up in its entirety, click here.
Our premium members always get it first. To take advantage of our information arbitrage ideas, full research reports, action alerts and information not yet digested by the market. Sign up now for More Research and Insight.