Providing investors with the
tools to make informed decisions.
Providing investors with the
tools to make informed decisions.
 Tracking 1251 U.S. listed China Stocks and Counting...
 Tracking 3097 U.S. Stocks and Counting...

more GeoAlerts...
Comming Soon
Comming Soon
Comming Soon

Board Tips & Tricks: (View All)
Show :
|
|
|

|
|

|

Post#

View As : Topics |  Individual Messages

Board Name

Category

Stocks
Poster
Public15027 Addfavorites
Investing on Fundamentals
 SUMR

Started buying Summer Infant (NASDAQ:SUMR)

Public15026 Addfavorites
 ATV, SGOC

Why did Sgoco Group (NASDAQ:SGOC) and Acorn Intl (NYSE:ATV) pop up on this list?

Public15025 Addfavorites
 CAAS

CAAS was beginning to look healthy for a moment. I need to add soon. Should do well when market  gets out of its low volume funk.

Public15024 Addfavorites
 CREG

Yeah, just more dilution. Starting to smell very fishy. Curious if the transaction had a related party aspect.

Public15012 Addfavorites

They said soon? Verbiage in the 8K does not sound like soon:

On August 13, 2012, the Company filed a Certificate of the Designations, Powers, Preferences and Rights of the Series F Non-Convertible Preferred Stock (the “Certificate”) to its Articles of Incorporation, with the Secretary of State of the State of Nevada, setting forth the terms of its Preferred Stock. On June 10, 2014, the Company amended and restated the Certificate to (i) postpone the payment date of the dividend thereunder to May 30, 2015, (ii) to delete a reference to the redemption or declaration of any cash dividend or distribution on any Junior Securities, and (iii) make certain minor corrections to the Certificate. No share of Series F Non-Convertible Preferred Stock was ever issued. The Company believes it to be in the best interests of its shareholders to delay the cash payment until such time as its financial position would enable it to make the payment without harming its ability to develop its business in accordance with management’s plans.

Public14997 Addfavorites
Technical Analysis
 GTT, USAK

Valo, I don't use technical analysis to a great degree in my investment strategy. But when i do, I pay close attention to  whether we are in an overall bullish or bearish cycle. In a bullish environment i don't attempt to call tops. Instead i look at indicators to tell me when the market is oversold so i can increase exposure to selective stocks that may have pulled back.  For example we told members that recent pull backs in GeoBargains Gtt Communications (AMEX:GTT) and Usa Truck (NASDAQ:USAK) looked attractive when a pull back in the micro/small caps outpaced the pull back in the market. So far both stocks bounced back nicely.

Public14989 Addfavorites
 CAAS

Not as simple as you think. You might have expected that the Chinese government would have injected more transparency into the public company system. However quite the opposite has occurred. China has become less transparent. Although we may still be able to pull SAIC filings, the portion of the filings that contains the financial information are generally impossible to come by anymore.That is why on the ground the diligence was such as video surveillance was a key part of the caas investigation
Public14983 Addfavorites
 CAAS

I believe the CAAS restatement you are referring to was not as the result of apparent financial fraud. It had to do with non cash items adjustments that are not uncommon in financial restatements by U.S. firms.

• As disclosed in a Form 8-K filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 17, 2011, CAAS expects to restate its previously issued financial statements for fiscal year 2009 and the first three quarters of fiscal year 2010 to reflect non-cash gains or losses related to the accounting treatment for the Company's convertible notes issued on February 15, 2008 based on the guidance outlined in Accounting Standard Codification (ASC) 815. Due to this restatement, the Company has not yet been able to file the 2010 Form 10-K and the 2011 Form 10-Q, which has prompted Nasdaq to issue the Initial Notification Letter and the May 16th Notification Letter. The Initial Notification Letter required CAAS to submit to Nasdaq a plan for regaining compliance with the Nasdaq Listing Rules. In response, CAAS provided its plan for regaining compliance on May 13, 2011. The May 16th Notification Letter requires CAAS to file an update to this plan by May 31, 2011.

Are you referring to another issue? Thanks.

Public14947 Addfavorites
 UEPS

Walrus,, we tried some Net 1 Ueps Technologies (NASDAQ:UEPS) calls, per email. May look at puts soon.

Public14940 Addfavorites
 UEPS

Hey, Net 1 Ueps Technologies (NASDAQ:UEPS) is a tough one. The legal issue could be a big deal. The South African court is putting up a contract up for bid again that was originally given to UEPS. I believe that this contract represents over 50% of business. If they end up losing the contract upon rebid they could face problems in the U.S. too.

"On November 30, 2012, we received a letter from the U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division, informing us that the DOJ and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have begun an investigation into whether we and our subsidiaries, including our officers, directors, employees, and agents and other persons and entities possibly affiliated with us violated provisions of the FCPA and other U.S. federal criminal laws by engaging in a scheme to make corrupt payments to officials of the Government of South Africa in connection with securing our SASSA contract and also engaged in violations of the federal securities laws in connection with statements made by us in our SEC filings regarding this contract. On the same date, we received a letter from the Division of Enforcement of the SEC advising us that it is also conducting an investigation concerning our company. The SEC letter states that the investigation is a non-public, fact-finding inquiry and that the SEC investigation does not mean that the SEC has concluded that we or anyone else has broken the law or that the SEC has a negative opinion of any person, entity or security. We are continuing to cooperate with the DOJ and the SEC regarding these investigations."

I think we should hear something soon. If they win the contract again the stock could shoot up nice. It's only selling at forward P/E of about 6.  I am thinking of playing this with options. Either calls or a straddle.

Public14939 Addfavorites
Lounge
 ZEGGD

Thanks for the intel on 2050 Motors (OOTC:ZEGGD) . We will take a look at the story.

Public14938 Addfavorites
 TURV

Interesting. Missed this one. Two Rivers Water & Farming Com (OOTC:TURV) , But I do remember this one. Will add to pot list. Need to look at cap structure. They have some preferred and warrants. Warrants look like they have strike price of $3.00. Some of preferred is  convertible at a ratio of 2 for 1. I come up with at least 7 M more shares.  I see that revenues have been increasing. Why no love from the market?

Public14844 Addfavorites
 VOCS

Strange that Vocus (NASDAQ:VOCS) is not really filling the gap to $17.00, unless Reuters really blew it.

Public14841 Addfavorites
 VOCS

Joe. GeoBargain   Vocus (NASDAQ:VOCS) on sell block. Added some after hours

target prices at ev/s of 2, 4, 6 are $15.25, $32.54, and $49.83, respectively.

I think it falls between EV/S of 2 and 4 if happens.

Public14838 Addfavorites
 TIK

Have not added any Tel Instrument Electronic (AMEX:TIK) yet. We have not interviewed management yet. I think investors may be worried that these guys may have under delivered in the past. We are currently looking at another defense related stock that we have a better understanding of right now.

Public14837 Addfavorites

Hey, thanks for the encouragement, We have a rating system in mind, but its tough to implement since a lot of our investment decisions are based on qualitative factors that are hard to quantify. But we may release some type of rating system as we re-launch the site. I think the best way for investors to see what we like is to look at our daily open long positions. We will keep looking at this issue. thanks.

Public14827 Addfavorites
 HMTF

bootcamp, nice find on $MDTR. You should also check out Home Treasure Finder (OTCCB:HMTF) and LXRP.

Public14826 Addfavorites
 HMTF, LXRP, ZDPY

Joe, Home Treasure Finder (OTCCB:HMTF) could be next Zoned Properties (OOTC:ZDPY). Only 8k out no press release. Small floater. Lexaria Corp (OOTC:LXRP) also looks appealing  as a pump. Details soon in email and MB post.

Public14821 Addfavorites
 AVTC, CBCA, MNTR, ZDPY

Looks like low float marijuana stocks are the way to play this hype.  Zoned Properties (OOTC:ZDPY) exploding. Mentor Capital (OOTC:MNTR) does same thing and selling at half the market cap. Avt Inc Common (OOTC:AVTC) and Crown Baus Capital Corp Common (OTCCB:CBCA) moving too.

Public14812 Addfavorites
 CTDH

I just think that Ctd Holdings (OOTC:CTDH) is getting a lift that it about to embark on new leg of growth due to expansion into new markets. Need to call management. I am hoping the stock pulls back.

Public14811 Addfavorites
 GV

Yeah, Goldfield (AMEX:GV) basically stopped responding to our calls or suggestions on how to improve their interaction with investors, I think they will progress, but i hate going into a investment blind. The fact that the Chairman bought some stock is a good sign. I recently nibbled, but not  a big position.

Public14782 Addfavorites
 FOUR

Take a look at this stock . Owned for a while as it began to resolve some legal issues regarding licensing rights.   Need to start digging into the story. Used to be a high flier before issues, but now has minimal revenues. The news from late January 2014 looks interesting, putting it back on our radar. 4 Licensing Corp (OOTC:FOUR) 

http://geoinvesting.com/companies/four_4_licensing_corp/news&action=showNews

Public14749 Addfavorites

Yes.. Presentation looks really good. Looks like a homerun if they can execute. We were watching this story once in the past and they failed to execute so we want to make sure DD is tight

Public14744 Addfavorites
 TIK

Joe, yes we like the Tel Instrument Electronic (AMEX:TIK) story so far.  We coded the stock as a GeoBargain on the Radar (GBR) in last December 2013. We own some. Let us know how the interview goes as we have not done one yet. Here are our initial notes from a December email alert and MB post:

Tel Instrument Electronic (AMEX:TIK) ($4.95) - GeoBargain on the Radar TIK designs and manufactures avionics test and measurement instruments for commercial air transport, general aviation, and government/military aerospace and defense markets worldwide.

The company’s growth has been impacted by delays in the realization of revenues due to product launch delays and has lost money in eight of the last ten quarters.

We believe that several reasons exist to start tracking TIK, have taken a small position in shares, and are coding as a GeoBargain on the Radar (GBR):

• The stock has been steadily climbing reaching new highs since reporting its first and second quarter fiscal 2014 results. While the company reported losses in these quarters revenue have approached record levels reached in 2012. (Fiscal year end: March)

• The company announced its plans of strategic alternatives, including debt recapitalization, merger, sale or business combination of the Company with a third party with a goal to enhance shareholder value.

• Production related to a major Army contract that was put on hold due to product quality issues is back in on line.

• “The commencement of limited rate production on the Army TS-4530A program has allowed the Company to continue to work down payable balances and, more recently in the current quarter, to secure parts on a timelier basis.”

• The company has announced a number of contract wins in the last few months.

• Company is banking on new contract wins to increase the quarterly revenue run rate in the near future.

• The Company is anticipating strong revenue and profitability growth for the balance of the fiscal year as a result of several large orders for “our T-47G, T-47N, and AN/USM-708 test sets”.

Caveats:

• As with most defense company’s, government budgetary impasses are always a concern.

• Since contracts are “fixed price” outlook can be negatively or positively impacted by under/over estimation of costs associated with these contracts.

• We would like to gain confidence that the company can turn a profit in the near-term, something an interview with management will hopefully shed more light on.

• A majority of this year’s anticipated positive performance is the result of winding down past contract work. However, the company is finalizing a product offering that it hopes will help carry momentum forward. A quote from the second quarter 2014 release:

“The Company is also working to finalize the TS-4530A logistics documentation this month which is the last step required to be completed by the Company to request a full rate production release. We hope to secure U.S. Army approval in a reasonable time so as not to have a lag between the completion of the initial release and the commencement of full rate production.”

• On March 24, 2009, Aeroflex Wichita, Inc. (“Aeroflex”) filed a petition against the Company and two of its employees in the District Court, Sedgwick County, Kansas, Case No. 09 CV 1141 (the “Aeroflex Action”), alleging that the Company and its two employees misappropriated Aeroflex’s proprietary technology in connection with the Company winning a substantial contract from the U.S. Army (the “Award”), to develop new Mode-5 radar test sets and kits to upgrade the existing TS-4530 radar test sets to Mode 5. The case is in discovery.

• As a result of the substantial operating losses incurred in the last year, the Company is not currently in compliance with the Exchange’s continued listing standards. As such, the Company listing is being continued pursuant to an extension and will continue to be monitored against this plan.

Public14739 Addfavorites

Hey Joe, i think you told us once that you can do some DD on companies. Maybe interested in helping us with this one? Still not sure if its a GeoBargain yet due to a recent development (but still probably is ).

Public14734 Addfavorites
 FSPM

Joe, What number did you call to reach management? Fusion Pharm (OOTC:FSPM)

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 30 50 >
 Go To